The Consent upload for all the registered customers of your company should now be uploaded as per the TRAI on the DLT portals.
In accordance with this, Jio as an operator has made this feature available on their portal, for your convenience.
Please note the following IMPORTANT POINTS:
- Bulk Consent upload is open as of 18th August on the Jio Portal
- The Bulk consent that is being uploaded needs to be linked to a Consent template that is already registered. So, you will need to do the consent registration prior to the upload. Find out how to register your Consent Template now.
- The absence of consent will cause messages to fail towards the customers, if, you are trying to send promotional or service explicit content.
- Please make sure the Consent being uploaded is valid and has been obtained within the last 6 months.
- Bulk Consent that is uploaded until 22nd August 2021, will be made live for scrubbing from 1st September 2021. Any Consent that is being uploaded post 22nd August will be made live within 15 days from the date of upload.
The upload of consent will be chargeable, in the following slabs:
Slab (Consent per file)
Amount per PE ID (in Rs.)
Up to 10,000
10,001 to 1,00,000
1,00,001 – 3,00,000
3,00,001 – 5,00,000
In case you have more than 5,00,000 records, the file will need to be broken up and uploaded in batches of maximum 5,00,000 at a time.
There is no duplicate check from Jio DLT operator's platform. We strongly recommend you scrub the data before uploading it.
For uploading your consent on Jio, follow the below steps:
- Login into your Jio DLT portal
- On the page that loads, find Customer’s consent, and click on “Bulk Upload” in the drop down as shown.
- On the page that loads, go ahead and upload the consent file as per the norms mentioned and click on submit.
- Depending on the number of unique rows, you will need to pay as per the above-mentioned slab